This recipe for cherry limeade pie will blow your mind. It’s perfect for summer time, or as a refreshing treat all year round. With all the ease of a no-bake recipe, this quick and easy pie recipe will not disappoint on taste!
Using just 3 ingredients, this pie brings the refreshing, world famous Sonic Cherry Limeade drink into the dessert world! Combining the creamy texture of Cool Whip with the perfect mix of cherry and lime creates a unique and refreshing taste that your taste buds and friends won’t soon forget!
The ready-made crust is made with graham crackers, the filling is made with Sonic Cherry Limeade gelatin mix, and there are fresh limes and maraschino cherries on top of the whole thing!
If you are looking for a new dessert to make this season, try out this easy Cherry Limeade Pie Recipe.
Can I make the pie ahead of time?
Yes! This icebox pie can be made up to 24 hours ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it. Keep in mind that there may be a little jiggle to the filling when you serve it, but it will still taste great!
For best results, I suggest you wait until you’re about to serve it before topping the pie slices with Cool Whip and fruit. It will hold up better that way and look its best.
If you have leftovers, the cherry limeade pie will keep in the fridge for three days. Make sure to cover it well with plastic wrap to keep extra moisture out so the pie crust doesn’t get soggy.
Can I use whipped cream instead of Cool Whip?
No, Cool Whip holds up the texture of the pie better, making it a better choice for a pie that needs to be served without the extra jiggle of whipped cream for presentation purposes.
How to Make Cherry Limeade Pie
- 9-inch Graham cracker pie crust- found on the baking aisle
- Sonic cherry limeade gelatin – I find this at Walmart
- Cool Whip whipped topping – Find this in the freezer section of the store. Be sure to thaw in the fride about 8 hours before needed it.
- Sweetened condensed milk- be sure not to buy evaporated milk, this recipe will only work with sweetened condensed milk.
Delicious Pie Variations
- Use Sonic Ocean Water gelatin instead of cherry limeade with fresh pineapple and dried coconut flakes for a tropical twist.
- Love shakes? Sonic has chocolate, vanilla, banana, and a strawberry shake powdered mixes that will give your icebox pie a rich flavor that tastes just like your favorite shake. Just add some fruit to the top and you have a Summer ready pie.
- Any Jello or gelatin powder brand (pick your favorite!) can be substituted in this recipe, including this watermelon and this green apple mix from Sonic Drive-In.
My other pie recipes:
I hope you enjoyed this Cherry Limeade Pie recipe. Save the recipe by clicking on “Pin Recipe” below to share with friends or family and don’t forget to like our Facebook page for more yummy ideas!
Want more vintage-style recipes? Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, or Instagram.
Cherry Limeade Pie
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (9-inch) (find this on the baking aisle)
- 3.94 oz. Sonic cherry limeade gelatin
- 8 oz. tub Cool Whip whipped topping thaw in fridge at least 4 hours ahead of time.
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk be sure NOT to buy evaporated milk
- 1 fresh lime thinly sliced and quartered
- 6 Maraschino Cherries
- additional Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- In a large mixing bowl, add one can of room temperature/warm sweetened condensed milk and one package of Sonic Cherry Limeade Gelatin and mix thoroughly. Mix well for approximately 3-5 minutes. Pro Tip: Warmer sweetened condensed milk will allow the gelatin to mix better and obtain a smoother consistency. You can warm the condensed milk by sticking the can in a bowl of hot water for 10-15 minutes. Pro Tip: The freshly created mix may have a bit of a gritty texture…DON’T WORRY, this will go away after the pie is allowed to set up in the refrigerator.
- Once the cherry limeade and condensed milk are well mixed, add 1 tub of Cool Whip Whipped Topping (8 oz.) or other brand to the mixing bowl.
- Fold the limeade and whipped topping together with a spatula until the mixture obtains a consistent even color. Pro Tip: Don’t overly mix or whip the pie filling. You will know it is mixed thoroughly when the “white” of the whipped topping is no longer visible.
- Add the Sonic Cherry Limeade pie filling to a 9 in. graham cracker crust. This recipe uses a simple store bought crust, but you could easily make your own for this pie. Using your spatula, evenly spread the pie filling in the pie crust until it just about reaches the top. Pro Tip: This recipe has the potential to make slightly more pie filling than what the pie crust may hold, so, if you don’t want your filling overflowing the pie crust, be sure to pay careful attention when adding the filling to the crust.
- Refrigerate your newly created Sonic Cherry Limeade Pie for 3-4 hours to let it set. Refrigerating overnight is preferred.
- Once the pie is ready to serve, for the perfect presentation, top each piece of pie with a dollop of Cool Whip whipped topping, a maraschino cherry and a quarter slice of a thinly sliced piece of fresh lime!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
I used the green apple jello mix. Overall, it was good but entirely too sweet for me. I loved the texture though… I may try it with the chocolate mix if I make it again.