A delicious flavor combination of pumpkin pie and cheesecake, this rich and creamy Pumpkin Pie Dip uses just six simple ingredients. Serve this fall-tasting treat at your holiday party or simply as an after school snack.
With just 5 minutes and a few pantry staples, you’ll be on your way to the most crowd-pleasing dip. If you’re looking for an equally quick but savory option, try our Boursin Cheese Recipe.
What is Pumpkin Dip?
Your newest fall favorite dessert, that’s what!
With a taste similar to pumpkin cheesecake, this pumpkin dip is every bit as rich and decadent as both cheesecake and pumpkin pie but meant to be scooped with your favorite dipper like apple slices.
Pumpkin dip is dissimilar to pumpkin fluff which uses cool whip and vanilla pudding mix. Although, both are light and fluffy and perfect for a fall party.
- Cream cheese — You’ll want it to be at room temperature to get an ultra-smooth texture.
- Confectioners sugar — aka powdered sugar.
- Pumpkin puree — the star ingredient, but make sure it’s not pumpkin pie filling but 100% pure pumpkin.
- Spices — pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and ground ginger.
Step One — Place the softened cream cheese in a bowl and mix on a medium-low setting. Slowly incorporate the powdered sugar. Don’t add it too quickly, or it will fly everywhere.
Step Two — Mix in the pumpkin puree and spices until smooth. Cover and chill for at least two hours. Serve this pumpkin pie dip with your favorite dippers.
How to serve
Try any or all of these with your pumpkin pie dip:
- Graham crackers or biscotti cookies
- Ginger snaps
- Sliced apples
- Vanilla wafers
- Frozen banana pieces
- Use 1 1/2-2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice in place of the cinnamon and ginger.
- Add 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips.
- Can’t find pumpkin puree? Roasted sweet potatoes will work as well.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
Do you have some left? But yes, you can as long as you’ve used regular, not low-fat or fat-free cream cheese. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When ready to use it, once thawed, remix it by either with a hand mixer or by hand.
Absolutely, we love the ease of canned pumpkin puree but homemade is lovely too.
Make it up to 3 days in advance, and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Pumpkin Pie Dip Recipe
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- pinch ground ginger
- In a large bowl, blend together the cream cheese and confectioners sugar.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and ginger and blend until smooth.
- Serve chilled with your choice of accouterments.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.