These Autumn Spice Cake Mix Cookies are the perfect way to make amazing cookies. They’re soft and chewy, with just the right amount of spice. You’ll love them!
Why this recipe works
When it comes to delicious cookies, it doesn’t get better than these spice cookies. These cookies only use a few ingredients. The best part is that you can make as many as you want because they’re so easy to whip together. You don’t have to worry about using many spices because everything is already in the mix.
If you want to be even more creative, you can add a sprinkle of nutmeg on top. Serve them up with milk, and enjoy!
What Are Cake Mix Cookies?
Cake mix cookies are exactly what you think. These cookies are made using a cake mix as a base. Thes cake mix takes the place of the dry ingredients that you would normally use for cookies. These cookies use an autumn spice cake mix, so the flavor comes in the cake. Note that you will not be adding as much liquid as you would a cake.
How to Make Autumn Spice Cake Mix Cookies
- Spice cake mix- This is the base of the cookies and gives them their flavor.
- Eggs– Large eggs are best for this recipe.
- Canola oil– You can also use vegetable oil.
- Flavoring– Vanilla and pumpkin pie spice give these cookies their flavor.
- Autumn-themed sprinkles– This is for garnish on the cookies and some are stirred into the batter.
Step By Step Directions
Step 1– Mix together all of the ingredients except the sprinkles in a large bowl, this will be a thicker batter than if you were making a cake.
Step 2– Fold in the autumn sprinkles.
Step 3– Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Step 4– Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment.
Step 5– Scoop the dough and arrange it on the baking sheet.
Step 6– Add more sprinkles to the top of the cookies.
Step 7– Bake the cookies for 7 to 9 minutes. Remove the cookies and let them cool.
What texture are cake mix cookies?
These cookies are a soft and chewy cookie with just a hint of spice. Between the spice of the cake and the added pumpkin spice, these cookies are going to have the flavors of fall without being overwhelming. They are perfect for fall. You can pair them with your favorite drink, like hot cocoa, hot apple cider or coffee.
How long do cake mix cookies keep?
- These cookies are best served fresh. They can keep for up to 3 days if they are stored in an airtight container. If you want to freeze them, you can freeze them as cookies or freeze the dough. To freeze the dough, put the dough in a freezer bag or freezer safe container. Then you can bake the cookies at a later time. Just let the dough thaw.
- To freeze the cookies after they are baked, place the cookies in an airtight container separated by parchment paper. You can also freeze them on a plate before placing them in freezer bag. This prevents the cookies from sticking together.
These cookies are not usually made with frosting on them. If you want frosting on them, you can use a cream cheese frosting. You can make it from scratch, or you can use store-bought. You can add pumpkin pie seasoning to the frosting to bring in the same flavors.
Regular cake mix is not gluten-free. If you want to make these cookies gluten-free, you can use a gluten-free cake mix in order to make these cookies.
These cookies use fun autumn sprinkles. You want to have two kinds of sprinkles for the prettiest look, but one kind will do. Any type of fall-themed sprinkles will be perfect, however, you can use another kind if that is what you have on hand. You want to add about 2 tablespoons of sprinkles to the cookie dough batter and then have a little more to decorate the tops.
Autumn Spice Cake Mix Cookies
- baking sheet
- 15.25 oz. box spice cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbsp. autumn-themed sprinkles plus more for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the spice cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until well incorporated.
- Fold in 1 tablespoon each of your favorite sprinkles, equaling 2 tablespoons total.
- Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before you take the dough out of the refrigerator, set your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and use a cookie dough scoop to drop the dough into balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Top each cookie with your favorite sprinkles, rotating between each different kind of sprinkle set.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 7-9 minutes or until the cookies have a small hint of brown on the bottoms. Do not overbake.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool on a cooling rack before serving.
– It is best to use a cookie dough scoop with this dough, as it tends to be sticky.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.