Funfetti cake mix cookies are the perfect sweet dessert! If you need a sweet treat, this is it! Once you add cake mix, you’re just about done and ready to bake. It doesn’t get any easier than this to make this delicious dessert.
The fun part about these funfetti cookies is that they’re great for a birthday party, baby showers, or just a weekend full of snacking fun. Be sure to check out my Lemon Cake Mix Cookies for another sweet treat!
The kids will go bonkers over these colorful cookies – and for good reason. The addition of the colorful sprinkles takes this dessert cuisine over the top! This is one of the easiest funfetti recipes that you’ll ever make – and a good one!
Using a box cake mix takes all the stress away and leaves nothing but delicious funfetti treats! This is also a super fun recipe to make together as a family because the result is always perfection! Happy snacking!
- Funfetti cake mix – Any cake mix will do, but when you can add one with sprinkles, it’s a must! A box funfetti cake mix always has rainbow sprinkles in it, making it perfect!
- Vanilla extract – Adding vanilla to the batter makes it taste great.
- Sprinkles – More sprinkles, please!
- Oil – You can use vegetable oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil as well.
- Eggs – Adding eggs to cake mixes is the main binding agent to help everything stick together to form the funfetti cake batter.
Step One – Add the dry cake mix into a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until mixed well.
Cover the funfetti cake cookie batter with saran wrap or plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. To keep the easy cake mix cookies from sticking to the baking sheet, add parchment paper.
Take the bowl of cookie dough batter out of the fridge. Use a cookie scoop and add it to the cookie sheet. Press down on the cookies to flatten them slightly.
Sprinkle extra sprinkles on top of each cookie.
Step Two – Put the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Remove the funfetti cookies from the oven and let cool.
Change up the cake mix – you can make this exact same cookie recipe by using a different boxed cake mix. A lemon cake mix would be awesome!
Add more mix ins – In addition to the funfetti sprinkles, add in white chocolate chips, or even top with some frosting!
Use cookie cutters – You can make some really cute cake mix cookie shapes by using cookie cutters!
Change up the sprinkles – If you love sprinkles, add more sprinkles or even different sprinkles as well! The limit to sprinkles simply doesn’t exist!
While using it for these pillowy funfetti cookies is my favorite, you can also make funfetti brownies, funfetti pancakes, and even a funfetti cake pops as well!
You don’t want to overbake these cookies because you want to keep that moist cake like taste. Just pay attention to the edges of the cookie so that you don’t over bake them. Once they turn golden brown, they should be good to pull out and start the cooling process.
To keep these baked cookies as soft as possible, store them in an airtight container. You can also freeze these cake mix cookies if you’d like to!
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- 15.25 oz. funfetti cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons colored sprinkles divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a medium bowl, add the funfetti cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, 2 tablespoons sprinkles, and vanilla extract. Stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and scoop the cookie dough into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet and lightly press down to “flatten” the tops a little bit.
- Sprinkle the cookies with the remaining sprinkles.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake or they will dry out.
- Remove the cookie tray from the oven and let the cookies cool completely before serving or removing from the tray.
- Cake mix cookies tend to be on the delicate side; make sure they are completely cooled before moving them on to a rack.
- Do not overbake the cookies.
- To keep these baked cookies as soft as possible, store them in an airtight container. You can also freeze these cake mix cookies if you’d like to!
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.